Celebrate the release of Mortimer Megazine’s first issue all about Cults and Gangs! It features the art from a dark cabal of 13 notorious local artists:
- Friday Night Frights – host of local cult horror movie night at our historic Proctor district Blue Mouse Theater
- Michael Koehler – local artist who designed the event poster, check out his zine Discount Demon Deals at the shop!
- October Games – local game developer presenting a special demo of their new game project and also a new printing of their Horror Legends comic!
- Travis Bundy – local artist and 20th Talon of the CLAW, and co-founder of Creator’s Edge Press, will be selling his wares and giving out FREE graphic novels.
- Tacoma Ghost Tours – get schooled on the strangest tales of local hauntings and grab some of their spooky merch.
- Crypticon Seattle – special table hosted by a promotion team from Seattle’s ultimate horror con!
- VHS Swap hosted by local guerilla artist Funny Face House! Bring VHS or other stuff to swap.
- October Games, local game developer and creators of Puppet Masters: The Game and Horror Legends.
- Host of local horror night Friday Night Frights at the legendary historic Blue Mouse Theater.
- Tacoma Ghost Tours local ghost experts who offer a variety of spooky tours about town, including one that meets at King’s Books.
“Tragically Ever After,” a dark folktale themed, non-juried, community art show and event, is seeking submissions of 2-D art, (and other media,) from Tacoma area artists.
“Tragically Ever After,” hosted by Tacomapocalypse Alliance in association with Destiny City Comics, will run from all month, October 1st to November 2nd 2015, at Destiny City Comics, 218 St. Helens Ave., Tacoma WA.
Submission, (as well as audience attendance,) is free. 3-D and other media will be considered, and allowed if feasible for the space, on a “first come, first served” basis. Artists are encouraged to be on hand during October’s Third Thursday Art Walk festivities.
Link to Facebook event: https://www.facebook.com/events/1485465001748340/
Submission deadline is August 30th, 2015. Contact Stuart Dempster (email@example.com) for full information and submission requirements.