A strange look into the modern folklore and fantastic characters imagined by artist Michael Koehler, Lore of the Lords takes a tour through the tribes residing within the elusive cult realms.
“You enter through a dark whirlpool to find yourself at the mouth of a great trench. As you look around, you find this world is full of strange and mystical creatures. They seem to be some sort of ancient looking, animalistic people. Suddenly a large reptilian scout spots you and bellows out a deafening screech as you try to find your footing along the loose, rocky chasm. You see flying in the cloudy sky above, a bat like figure quickly descending upon you. You scramble out of the way just as it swoops down at your feet. Looking up at you with three crazed eyes and psychedelic features, it lets out several high pitched chirps and begins lurching toward you. A gang of grotesque bat faced creatures surrounds you as you look for an impossible escape. Each wretched bat drips with slimy plasma and is armed with arcane tools and primitive looking weapons. As a tall, fiery red faced man-bat leans into your face and sniffs piggishly, you utter, “What… where am I?” It lets out a wild cackle and replies, “You have entered our world through the black void, and so now, you are ours. Just as everything that enters… Into the Cult Realms.”
- Friday Night Frights – host of local cult horror movie night at our historic Proctor district Blue Mouse Theater
- Michael Koehler – local artist who designed the event poster, check out his zine Discount Demon Deals at the shop!
- October Games – local game developer presenting a special demo of their new game project and also a new printing of their Horror Legends comic!
- Travis Bundy – local artist and 20th Talon of the CLAW, and co-founder of Creator’s Edge Press, will be selling his wares and giving out FREE graphic novels.
- Tacoma Ghost Tours – get schooled on the strangest tales of local hauntings and grab some of their spooky merch.
- Crypticon Seattle – special table hosted by a promotion team from Seattle’s ultimate horror con!
- VHS Swap hosted by local guerilla artist Funny Face House! Bring VHS or other stuff to swap.
- October Games, local game developer and creators of Puppet Masters: The Game and Horror Legends.
- Host of local horror night Friday Night Frights at the legendary historic Blue Mouse Theater.
- Tacoma Ghost Tours local ghost experts who offer a variety of spooky tours about town, including one that meets at King’s Books.